CA ErWin Data Modeler
Computer Associates' ErWin data modeler is an industry leading modeling tool that provides features to create, maintain databases and data warehouses. ErWin provides a very user friendly GUI, that enables data modelers define, organize and modify data structures very easily.
- ErWin was first developed by Logic Works Inc.
- Logic Works was then acquired by Platinum Technologies Inc. in 1998
- Later in 1999 Computer Associates acquired Platinum Technologies and added ErWin to their AllFusion Suite under the name AllFusion ErWin Data Modeler
Software & Hardware Requirements
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Data Modeling Using ErWin
- ErWin supports Integrated Definition for Information Modeling (IDEF1X) and Information Engineering (IE) Standards
- ErWin provides representation of entities as group or collection of data and their underlying data structures. ErWin also provides visual representation for relationship between these entities. Entities are represented by rectangular box and relationships are lines connecting these boxes.
- ErWin provides capabilities to represent Identifying and Non-Identifying relationships
- Tool's Latest Version : ErWin Data Modeler 7.3
- More information available on : CA ErWin Data Modeler
- Product Type : Proprietary
- Also Available : Community Edition